Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Boom Boom Pow...




So, I was on the phone with my next door neighbor when all of a sudden there was a HUGE BOOM followed by my house shaking. And really, I'm not exaggerating. My neighbor said said "What was that?" and I asked her if I could call her back and told her to stay inside as I knew she was home alone with three children. You know, because I'm so big and brawny.


Since the noise came from the back of the house I went outside to the back yard to see what the freak had happened.


Apparently the snow is so heavy and there is so much of it that our tree branches are collapsing under the weight of it. Fabulous. The reason the house shook as the branches fell? The branches fell through our phone line as they fell and yanked the line off our our house.


Aargh.


This isn't the first time we've had trouble with this tree. The tree is old and started falling apart in 2007. Again, no joke, no exaggerating. I know the tree needs to come down but it is one of two trees which perfectly hold our hammock. I've suggested trimming the tree limbs and leaving the trunk of the tree so we can still have the hammock but Brian thinks that is tacky. So?


Hope your "snow days" are fun ones!

1 comments:

WendyB said...

Yikes! Glad your house is undamaged.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.