Friday, November 6, 2009

By the hair of my chinny chin chin...

Did I narrowly miss a BIG mishap. Very typical for me. Very.
So, Brian was headed out of town for the weekend. To Canada. And let me tell you, we've had a few run in's at the border before. Which is why it is a GOOD THING that I noticed last night that I neglected to renew the plates on the car. Um, like two months ago. And I wasn't sure how to break this news to Brian as he drives through Ohio, Michigan and across the bridge into Canada.
But I had an idea.
I could get to the BMV in time to be the first person in the door at 8 a.m. and back to my house by 8:15 just as Brian would be getting home from school drop off and put the sticker on the back of the car and no one would be the wiser. I KNEW I could make this happen. And sure enough, I did. Only when I got back to the house (8:17, but who's counting?) there was no one there. So I'm thinking "Crap. I have to get on the road for work. I'm going to have to leave the sticker on the counter for when he gets home and fess up to the fact that I forgot and just ran and did this before my husband has border patrol turning him away." Yes, I goofed but I corrected it.
But then I remembered. He was going to the GYM after school drop off. So you know what I did? I drove that freaking sticker to the gym, pulled up to the car in the parking lot and put it on. Crisis averted.
And that my friends, is how I roll.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

HAHAHA awesome

Kelly said...

HAHAHA awesome

Polly said...

Some true dedication my friend!

Ally said...

Everything I've learned about marriage, I've learned it from you, KT. <3

Hillary said...

WOW!!!! You are on a higher level and I must now bow down to you. I love it!

La Belette Rouge said...

You are brilliant!

presious said...

Wow! You are superwoman! Good save! We all have our moments! You did good :).


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.