Monday, November 2, 2009

Hard work and determination paid off!




Well well well. Tessa has her first college acceptance letter. Before I tell you the good stuff, let me start from the beginning of our special day.


A few days ago I had a couple of dishes of ice cream in the back of my car. Which I neglected to properly dispose of. So the sat around and fermented in my car and have created a doozy of a smell in there.


Cue up Saturday morning, 6:45 a.m. smack dab in the middle of a monsoon where there will be no visible light for a few hours. Open the car door to the stench of rotting dairy products which have been closed up and festering inside of my car. Yummykins. My only solution was to light a candle and drive around with it to help alleviate the smell of death coming from my backseat. And it helped, really it did.


So we arrived at Collegians Day at University of Kentucky. They had invited top students from around the US based on their test scores. Tessa got an invite, so we went as there was mention of scholarship money. Hellz yeah we're there! Spent Friday night finishing up the app so we could turn it in while we were there. Over lunch the University announced Tessa's acceptance and initial offer of scholarship money! Yippee! Show me the money!




How was your weekend?

4 comments:

WendyB said...

LOL at "smell of death." Congrats on the college stuff though! The sweet smell of success!

Sara said...

Congratulations on the acceptance and the moolah!! That's so exciting!! Way to go, Tessa!

Ally said...

I need to get y'all some Febreeze.

xoxo
Aunt Ally & Uncle Al

presious said...

Wow! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats to you and your daughter! How happy, and proud, you must be :)!

My daughter, now 21, has been through it. She is in her credential program now (despite having a one year old in tow). Her grades were very good which helped alot towards college.

Our boys didn't quite get that message about their grades being important towards college. However, they are working with it at this point and doing quite well.

Mother to mother, I am so proud of your daughter! Way to go! You have raised her well :). Good job parents.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.