Sunday, November 15, 2009

For once! A compliment came out of my kitchen!

Tonight I made what was noted as possibly my best meal ever. This coming from a person who has had eight years of my cooking. (Including chicken enchiladas where I forgot to add the chicken. Oops.) Compliments on my cooking are not handed out very often, so it is a BIG DEAL when they are.

From Katie's kitchen (OK, really, cooks.com) I give you Slow Roast Standing Rib Roast. A snap to make, and a compliment earner. And really, who doesn't like a compliment?



SLOW ROAST STANDING RIB ROAST

Any size rib roast

Black pepper
In the morning, remove roast from refrigerator.

Wipe with damp paper towel and let stand for 1 to 1 1/2 hours to reach room temperature. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pepper roast and place in roasting pan rib side down. Put in oven for exactly 1 hour. Turn off oven. DO NOT OPEN DOOR. One hour before serving. Turn oven to 375 degrees. At this point oven may be opened and another dish added. Restart oven and let roast cook for another 30 to 40 minutes. Rest 20 to 30 minutes before cutting to allow juices to set. Enjoy!

*I also used Kosher salt and garlic salt. And you know where it says DO NOT OPEN DOOR? I opened the door. And it still tasted great!

0 comments:


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.