Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sounds of the season...


Well, I have to admit that I have not been feeling very "bloggy." In fact, I seriously considered giving up the blog. But then I got to Caroline's school to pick her up and I heard music. Holiday music. The principal was practicing his tuba in the office. And I have no idea why, but it perked me up and I thought "I'd share that on my blog."
Yep. That is the best I have to offer right now.

Oh, but I guess I'll share this "Elf on the Shelf" story.
A few people I know had mentioned the "Elf on the Shelf" This is a little elf who is sent by Santa to visit your family during the holiday season and report back on who is naughty and who is nice.

We-ellll...... This bad momma didn't make the correlation between Caroline's complete and total paranoia of all things mascot-y, face-painted or the like. So the six inch elf on the shelf FREAKED HER OUT. She could not even walk past the elf. No way, no how. We had to hang a note on her bedroom door stating that the elf was NOT welcome in there. Nor was the elf to enter the bathroom. The elf lasted one night in our home, and Caroline requested that Santa come back and get his da*# little elf back. She woke up crying around 6 a.m. panicked about whether or not the elf was still there. He wasn't. Let me tell you, explaining to Barnes and Noble why I had to return their #1 listed seller the Elf on the Shelf was embarrassing! So, we are elf-less once again and are just plain old emailing Santa to let him know how all is going.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!


8 comments:

Steve said...

I am so far removed from reality that I didn't even know about this Elf in the shelf. I guess where I am if the elf is not wearing a cold-war uniform, it will not be approved for sale.

Ally said...

Awwww, that sweet baby...Poor thing!! Maybe you can find a Santa Spy who isn't so skurry (b/c I'd hate that damn thing too). Like a Santa Spy Snowflake or something?

Jill Ann said...

Those elves freak me out too!

KT said...

Ally, I'm telling you I don't think the snowflake would work. She is hyper sensitive. When she opened our front door and saw the elf (really, six inches tall at the most) she FREAKED out and asked if it was alive. It was almost as bad as when we had to leave Disney.

kristin said...

I just think the whole concept of being watched by some jolly old man is a little off color anyhoo.....

Polly said...

Im glad you are not giving up. You would be missed.

Sara said...

Poor Caroline! I love Elf on the Shelf and give it to all my girlfriends when they have babies. It's such a fun idea! Except maybe to six year olds. :)

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Is this "Cherry" by chance? Or was that another blogger who had a creepy elf on a shelf, too??

Dear Caroline: My little girl was terrified of the tooth fairy. We had to put signs on all the doors in the house asking her to PLEASE not come in Siri's room, or even get near it. We told her to leave the cash in the mailbox and get along to the next house...


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.