Sunday, December 20, 2009

I gave up and left...


Do you ever realize that you need to confront things about yourself? Maybe something you realize in yourself as a weakness and know that you need to address?

I'm not sure why, but sometimes I am quick to give up and walk away.

At times, it seems easier.

Today I did it at the grocery store.

As I was passing through I saw a soup mix for a white bean soup.

This appealed to me, so I picked up the packet.

And the recipe was right up my alley.

I needed salt, water and a ham bone.

A ham bone?


Where on earth do I find a ham bone?

I honestly could not find one.

So I left.

With my soup packet.

Looks like this will be a vegetarian soup.

Maybe after dinner I'll address my shortcomings.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Butcher shop always :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, girl, EVERY store has a ham bone, AKA HAM hock, so ax your butcher for it!!!

presious said...

KT,

Don't feel bad. I have those days too. Sometimes you are just not ready to deal with things and that's ok. So, you will have vegetarian soup.

I don't know if you are having such a day as I have when that happens. I often have what I call "brain burps" where the smallest things slip my mind. Later, I'm like "but I knew that".

Sometimes, especially when we are really busy, it takes some time before our brain truly catches up with us.

It's ok to give up sometimes...at least, I think it is.

Did you get the book back, "Close Encounters of the Third Grade"? Thanks again for letting me read it. Sorry it took me so long! Awesome book!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.