Saturday, December 19, 2009

I ain't too proud to beg!

Remember that song? OK, let's get down to biz-ness here. I need you. I need you to make me look good. All these years of free entertainment by me have culminated into my needing something from you.
And seeing as how it IS the holiday season and we should embrace the spirit of giving I'm going to ask for a little audience participation here.
I have submitted writing samples to two companies for freelance writing gigs for their websites. This is something that has been in the back of my mind for a while now, and I just happened to come across two good opportunities. One has already contacted me and it looks as if it is a go.
In order for me to be successful at this, I need readers. Commenters. Followers. Referrals. If I am able to make a successful go at this I will pull out all the stops to drive traffic to these sites and share what I have written. Are you with me? Trust me, the last two years of my goofy style of blogging will not come to an end. This is just a way to show off a little more of my journalistic polish and flair. Help a sister out here, ok? I promise not to let you down. There will still be tales of near- mishaps at the Canadian border, anatomically correct cheeseballs and woes of the mother of two. Don't worry. Link to my blog if you are a blogger, sign your self up as a follower, leave the occasional comment. And last but not least, feel free to vote in the upper left hand corner of the blog. Because once again, I ain't too proud to beg...

*Editing done by my cousin Ron. Thanks Ron, I wouldn't be where I am today without you!

5 comments:

WendyB said...

Voted!

K said...

Good luck on getting both of them! That's very exciting.

Sara said...

Ask and ye shall receive! I'm already a follower, you're linked up on Unwrap Life and I voted in the poll. I'll try to do a better job at commenting for you too! Good luck landing the gigs! So fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna put you on my Twitter, and I haven 't been there for MONTHS!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, you'rre not going to blame me for that. Ron LOL


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.