Monday, June 30, 2008

Scenes from South Florida







Marco Island was outstanding. The beaches are so nice, and there are so many seashells in pristine condition. The water was perfect. I loved it! In order to get to Marco we had to drive through the Everglades. I've never been there but it was a different experience. Pretty isolated and I would not want to have car problems along the way. We saw a sign that said "Panther Crossing" so of course I got my camera out just in case we saw a panther. We didn't, but we did see alligators at a rest area. That was very cool. The bird is one we saw at lunch on the beach one day. That bird was such a scavenger that he picked up a sugar packet from the table and proceeded to eat it! If you look in his claw you will see the sugar packet and the hole he ate in it.



2 comments:

Tessa said...

lucky butt.
i'm so mad you went without me especially since we're not going there for spring break =[

KT said...

Sorry kiddo, but their spring break rates are through the roof. And I think someone needs to save a little college $$$....
(Plus, they are out of rooms already for spring break)


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.