Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My future Hoosier...


After much debate (on both the part of mother AND daughter) the decision has been made.
Tessa is headed in the direction of Indiana greatness. I can honestly say that the other morning when Tessa sent me a text message telling me she had made her decision I was stunned. I could not imagine that she had gone to bed, been driven to school and then made up her mind. I was wrong.
When I asked her what prompted her to decide, she told me that she woke up and felt confident that this was the right choice.
My heart broke a little, but I'm excited for her. So much for my secret dream of her staying at home and going to school online from our living room or something where I could see her every day.
If I knew how to make a heart on a keyboard I could tell her I heart her.
Congrats my future Hoosier. Welcome to the legacy of great people who have chosen the state of Indiana. And while I know I lost my cool on a few of the college visits I wouldn't trade them for anything. Thank you for letting your old mom and little sister tag along for the ride.
*My favorite Hoosiers, not ranked in any order of priority or school affiliation
David Letterman, Bobby Knight, John Mellencamp, Kimberly, Sara and myself. Just for fun I found an old post from 2007 with my IU banner in the background. I've offered Tessa the banner as a peace offering for crying a little when she told me she was really leaving me.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congrats to her for making such a big decision and this Boiler won't hold it against you! I am hopeful this will mean more trips through Indy for you and drinks for the two of us!

Jill Ann said...

Congratulations! What an exciting time in your life.

Leslie said...

Yea Tessa! IU is such a great school. And they have a fabulous Delta Gamma chapter so if she decides to rush, let me know...Id be happy to send in a rec for her.

Sara said...

YAY! Congratulations, Tessa! That is so exciting! Hopefully this means we get to meet in person some day soon!

Anonymous said...

Just an FYI I'll be posting some of the books on my reading list today. If you have any reviews or any to add let me know! I'm out of books!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.