Tuesday, February 26, 2008

True confessions

I'm really not joking when I say Brian has come home from business or "guy" trips to find out that I have done something new to the house. We painted Tessa's room, a bathroom, our bedroom, basement and now the living room. Normally I just let him come home and see for himself. This time the guilt got me. He called and was talking about how much he was looking forward to getting home from Kentucky tomorrow and might even be back in time to take a nap on the sofa and pick up Caroline for me. He's telling me this as I sit here in paint fumes. And there is no way the paint smell will be gone by tomorrow. I was hoping maybe he wouldn't even notice the new color but I knew the smell would give me away. (Once, we were sitting at the dinner table and Brian was looking out the window trying to figure out why our neighborhood looked different. I had to break it to him that he was looking out of our new blinds that had been installed for a few days without him even noticing. Maybe that was what looked different?) So anyway, I just fessed up to him that he would be coming home to a different colored living room than the one he left yesterday. He handled it quite well. Especially when he asked me what color and I described it as the inside of a cucumber but better than it sounds. (The color reminds me a lot of the green color of my blog. Coincidence???)

0 comments:


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.